Free Access to MacMillan Cancer Support’s Learn Zone and their Leadership & Management Toolbox
An intriguing new development from MacMillan Cancer Support. Learn Zone is a treasure chest of useful information including a Leadership & Management Toolbox. All the L&M Toolbox information and resources are suitable for any leader or manager and are not specific to cancer care.
Spend a few minutes online registering with them and your reward is full access to the Toolbox where you will find:
• A place where you can access quick and practical resources to support your knowledge and skills development.
• An online source of high-quality leadership and management development resources, in a range of different media, from Harvard Business School, Ashridge Business School and 50 Lessons.
• A resource for you to access whenever you like, wherever you are.
• A comprehensive set of materials covering a broad range of generic leadership and management knowledge and skills.
• A collection comprising everything from short video interviews with international leaders and brief book reviews to academic journals, substantial learning guides and multimedia modules.
• Issue of the Month – each month a particular L&M issue or topic will be highlighted and links provided to a range of resources in the toolbox.
In addition to the L&M Toolbox, the main MacMillan Learn Zone site gives you free and easy access to a wide variety of online resources, e-learning programmes, professional development tools and information about MacMillan’s latest learning and development opportunities related to cancer
care. For more information visit www.learnzone.macmillan.org.uk to register and start using their online resources.
Once registered yu may be interested in completing the self evaluation for social workers. The personal development self-assessment tool is set out as a series of gears for you to adjust, allowing you to assess your competencies in relation to your specific professional role. You can save each assessment and return to it as often as you want. You can also print out a summary overview.
Definitely worth a visit!